- TypeScript: You Can Read It
- Custom Aftermarket Blinkenlights
- How to Speak NeoPixel
- Spooky nulls in an ArrayList
- A Gentleman’s Orthonormal Basis Rotation
- Iterating Over a Triangulation in Java
- SNES Classic Teardown
- 8Bitdo SN30 Teardown and Critique
- Rendering Twisty Thingies
- How Sensitive To Magnets Is Video Tape?
Author Archives: anescient
Have you ever thought, “My computer needs way more flashing lights.”? Me too! Now, I’m not talking about meaningless, gaudy special effects. I’m talking about proper blinkenlights.
Adafruit calls them NeoPixels, but their real name is WS2812 or SK6812. They’re handy little RGB LEDs with built-in controllers. They use a single-wire anisochronous self-clocking signal, so controlling them requires some precise timing. There’s an easy-to-use Arduino library available, … Continue reading
I had a crash reported for one of my Android applications. Thankfully that includes a stack trace, because I would never have found this bug without it. I learned something new about concurrently accessing an ArrayList.